The TCBCC is sponsoring an EMERGENCY COMMUNITY CHILD CARE MEETING for Supervisors, Directors and Board Members to discuss the impacts of Full Day Kindergarten on our Child Care programs.
MONDAY JUNE 3rd
6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
City Hall, Committee Room 2, 100 Queen St. West
- The PROVINCE is implementing Full Day Learning – with insufficient funding!
- The SCHOOL BOARDS are side stepping their responsibilities and bearing none of the costs for extended day programs
- The CITY is allowing our Community Child Cares (not-for-profit Boards of Directors, parents and child care staff) to bear the brunt!
WE WANT OUR POLITICIANS TO HEAR FROM CHILD CARE’S FRONTLINE
What are the REAl COSTs OF IMPLEMENTING FULL – DAY EARLY LEARNINGFOR our CHILDREN?
- Loss of revenue from 4’s and 5’s moving to full day school
- Loss of Wage subsidies
- Loss of supervised lunch programs for 4 and 5 year old children
- Child Care’s “invited” to provide 3rd party care by School Board – No opt out option!
- Per Diem rates do NOT always match increased costs to care for younger age groups
- Child Care Centre is bearing the full cost and Risk of 3rd Party program integration
- Loss of full-time RECE jobs due to introduction of split-shifts
This is driving Parent fees up! . . .our Qualified RECE’s out! . . .and our Program Quality down!
What are the challenges? What are the opportunities? What are the solutions?
Register by May 30 at: email@example.com
Sponsored by the Toronto Coalition for Better Child Care
Toronto Coalition for Better Child Care