Greening our Early Learning and Child Care programs
Thursday October 14th 2010
9:00 am – 5:30 pm
First 220 registered win a 2 week YMCA Membership!
Drop in for just a few hours, anytime during this all day event and learn about:
The products we use – The food we eat – The waste we produce
Visit the many tables at the Fair and meet our presenters, environmentalists and suppliers that can help you green your program.
Metro Central YMCA, Auditorium
20, Grosvernor Street, (North of College, West off Yonge)
Advance Registration is just $15
STUDENTS are FREE
To download the registration form with more information about the fair, please click here!
For a full list of the presentations, click here!
Presenters include :
- FoodShare – Jackson Foster – Fresh Healthy Affordable Produce for your Programs and Returning Food Literacy to Schools with our Recipe for Change!
- Evergreen – Heidi Campbell – Creating a healthy place to play, learn and develop a genuine respect for nature
- Canadian Partnership for Children’s Health and Environment CPCHE – Jill McDowell “impacts of environmental pollutants on children’s development”
- TDSB Eco Schools – Rhoda Potter – To make environmental awareness and action an integral part of everyday school life.
- Children’s Services & Toronto Environment Office – Local Food Procurement in City of Toronto Child Care programs
- George Brown “Greening the Casa Loma Child Centre, a Case Study” – Stephanie Foster & Sue Feltoe – Lessons learned and tips for developing and implementing a sustainability plan for your child care centre.”
“GROWING UP GREEN” is a TCBCC project, funded (in part) by a grant from Live Green Toronto, a program of the City of Toronto.” For more information please contact the TCBCC at: 416- 538-7630×2 firstname.lastname@example.org